Making homemade waffle cones are easier than you think, especially when you have tried our homemade powbab® Baobab Vanilla Gelato Recipe. Some invest in a waffle cone maker, but we are doing it on an old fashioned cast iron skillet, and the results are still delectable. It does take a little time, and it is a little hot to roll, but you will not be disappointed on this little summer project.
2 eggs1/2 cup sugar2/3 cup flour4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted1/4 cup milk1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1.5 teaspoons of powbab® Organic Baobab Superfruit Powder
1) In a bowl or stand up mixer with egg whisk attachment, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color, about 1 minute.
2) Add the flour mixture with the optional powbab® Organic Baobab Superfruit Powder and stir until incorporated. Add the butter, milk, and vanilla and stir just until combined.
3) If necessary, thin out with additional milk. The batter should be slightly thin when pouring out on griddle.
4) Pour on hot oiled griddle, spreading with utensil quickly to get it thin and even until slightly brown. Flip.
5) Remove and quickly roll while hot on a plate or use a cone shaper. You want a tighter roll on the bottom cone part. Pinch the cone end to prevent ice cream leaks. Cool on a rack with seam side down.
6) Repeat process. Makes about 10 cones.
7) Freeze uneaten cones and warm up in oven on rack. Reshape.
8) Serve with powbab® Baobab Vanilla Gelato Recipe and topped with a sprinkle of powbab® Wild Blueberry Powder. Enjoy!